Monday, February 1, 2016

Deleting Evidence of Influences, 2.0, from my website

Today, I am deleting the copy of Evidence of influences on John Kennedy Toole's "A Confederacy of Dunces," including Geoffrey Chaucer version 2.0 from my course1 website, despite the fact that it is cited by the scholarly literature (even literature that I myself did not write). I am disappointed in my own website, because our administrators have not given me access to the log information that would allow me to know how many times the paper has been downloaded. I will continue to maintain the copy on ResearchGate, which is at: Evidence of influences on John Kennedy Toole's "A Confederacy of Dunces," including Geoffrey Chaucer.

This strategy is a bit risky, because Google Scholar has not yet picked up the link to the ResearchGate copy, and I strongly suspect that Google Scholar generates a majority of the traffic to the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment